Was able to catch snippets of Francis Kong’s “Seasons of Life” talk at CCF B1G Event last Wednesday night, October 14. Sharing with you here:
- Prosperity and success can destroy a person if character is not right.
- “Show me a person who wants to be comfortable all the time and I will show you makings of a Loser.
- Trials refine us.
- Each person has a different path, don’t compare yourself with others. Moses was put in the palace to prepare him for the battle in the desert. Joseph was put in the desert to prepare him for the battle in the palace. In all the ups and downs of your life, God has a good plan and purpose. Therefore, guard yourself from inggitation.
- Don’t mark people as unchangeable. Don’t label your people or children as negative. They can still change thru Jesus Christ in whom all things are possible.
- When you connect the dots between the trials and good times, you will realize that without fire, many impurities remain.
- God never says “Oops!” He’s always in control.
- God is the God of second chances.
- Plug holes asap. Don’t underestimate small leaks or small cracks ; they never get smaller. Don’t compromise.
- Emotions must be subservient to reason.
- Never make major decisions at the height of emotional moment.
- When we scream, our people or kids hear noise, not our words.
- Forgive. Do not hate. The worst effect of hate is if something consumes you, you will become what you hate.
- The most important things in life are not things; they are always relationships.
- Learn from ants- ants think summer all winter and think winter all summer. They are goal-oriented; even when you put your arm to stop them, they will go around or over you onto their goal. They carry weight many times more than their size.
- With what you invest in gimmicks (outings), you can already invest in something more substantial.
- Live peaceably with others even if you don’t agree with them.
- Be gentle as a dove, be wise as a serpent.
p.s. BITS Reader, Loren Lee, shared this portion of Francis’s talk. Thanks so much dear Loren!! This is the best part which you got! 🙂
Previous post on B1G event with Francis Kong: Click here