More Palate Education on this trip trying out afternoon tea while on travel.
What I Liked About This Afternoon Tea:
- Elegant Lobby
2. Clean, beautiful restroom so you can feel good while prepping yourself for holding your tea sandwiches..
…and it has an easy chair on which to change your Singapore-streetwalking shoes to dining shoes.
3. Elegant, high-ceiling tearoom interiors with swanky appointments. The elevated booth with peachy-rose silk drawn curtains was booked by a party of two (didn’t need to have six to the party)… in case you want to reserve it.
4. On-time 3pm setup specially when all you’ve had all day was a CGC (Cumin Ginger Cinnamon drink).
5. Lovely live piano
6. Crab Salad, Foie Gras Mousse, Pressé of Duck Meat, Smoked Salmon, and other food on the savory menu.
7. Silver pot with St. Regis Singapore Tea Blend (“This green tea and black tea blend is light and sparkling and captivates the senses with rich, malty notes of white chocolate and nuts. White rose and jasmine blossoms suffuse the tea with a quiet floral aftertaste”); three-tiered tray with petite sandwiches, three flavors of scones( Pandan and Gula Melaka Glaze, Candied Ginger and Pineapple, Salted Egg Yolk) served with clotted cream and strawberry jam; more petite desserts (Cheese Tart, Cherry Financier and Milk Galaxy Cream, Homemade Chocolate Praline, Pineapple Pate de Fruits) and a post-dessert Lobster Vol-au-vent delivered to your table.
8. Choice of Dessert including unique delightful sorbets.
9. Refreshing pool view
This is a good afternoon tea place near the Singapore Botanic Gardens.