“Your single life is like the nine months you are in your mother’s womb. But now, you are starting a new life… the cord needs to be cut,” Pastor Jonathan Fenix began his message to Brandon and Charmaine on their wedding ceremony. This message is a good refresher even for longtime husband and wife as well as a good preview for single people about what to expect in marriage.
He talked about the following principles:
- Leave mother and father
- Cleave to your spouse
- Be transparent with your spouse
- Weave into Oneness (unity) in marriage; how to guard against even children, without malice, can come in between that unity
- Submission except to things illegal, immoral, or sinful
- Leadership of husband in terms of direction, affection, parenting, and everything
- Do your best: Husband love your wife/ Wife, submit to your husband; do not give up out of gratitude for Christ.